Site Search

x

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Baby Blessing

On Sunday, February 28, 2011 Lincoln Kurakowa Tingey was blessed. It was such a great moment to hear that he would be blessed by his father, Brian Tingey. My brother is a dad!! I'm so proud of him and Andrea. Lincoln is so dang cute! Elder Duncan, a General Authority was at the meeting that day and it was a neat experience to hear him speak as well. He spoke about scripture study and the importance of family. He had a great spirit about him and it was very cool when Brandon and I got to meet him and shake his hand after the meeting. It definitely made for a great Sunday!! Brandon stood in the circle to bless Lincoln. I'm so very proud of him and the man he is. It was fun to see Andrea's family. I had not seen them in a while and she has a really great family. It was good to just be with family and support Lincoln, his mom and his dad.





Brian, Brandon and I after the blessing.

Brian, Andrea and Lincoln


There really is just something about family. One of my greatest blessings has been my family. I was so lucky to grow up with my brothers and then have a brother and sister added later on in life. I have a lifetime of memories with my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. This last Sunday, the kids and Brandon were talking about their good memories at a place called Moon Lake that they have been to several times and how much fun it is. I have never been there, but it sounds like a lot of fun. The kids are going there this summer and are very excited. It sparked my mom and I talking about good memories as kids and with my dad. Its nice to be able to talk about those things and reflect back on the fun we had despite the hard couple of years when my parents got divorced. Now my family has grown more. Cousins I have grown up with have their own kids, my brother has a son, I have four amazing kids and now Brandon's family. We spent that Sunday of Lincoln's blessing at his parents after watching the Oscar's. Family is why we are here. It is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment