Site Search

x

Monday, March 7, 2011

Reading, Fishing, Bieber Fever, Ribs and Facials

The kids were with us this weekend. Friday we ate pizza and watched Megamind. Laura ran to the store with me. I had a really rough day with my health on Friday. My Colitis was ticked off at me! For those of you who don't know, I have Colitis. I won't get into the details of this fun illness I have and will have for the rest of my life, that will be for whole different blog post! So it was nice to just hang out at home. One of things that I really love when the kids come is Luke's enthusiasm to read to me. He wants to read to me every night before we go to bed and he will not let me forget about reading. He has come a really long way with his reading in the last few months. On Saturday night, things were hectic and when I walked into his room he was reading on his own, out loud, and doing a great job! He followed me around with his book while I folded laundry and read to me and asked for help when he needed it. Even on Sunday he was doing it and reading to his dad. Laura and I read scriptures Friday night. Those moments, I truly love.

On Saturday morning, Brandon and Lilly got up early and headed out ice fishing at Pineview Reservoir. They spent the whole day at it, only taking a break for lunch. Unfortunately, they didn't catch anything. UGH. Such a bummer!! Liz had been sick last week and so Saturday morning Laura, Liz and I laid in my bed and watched a movie. Luke did not dig the chick flick, so he watched a man flick down stairs. The kids did chores and with B gone and Liz not feeling well, we couldn't go to the kids' yoga class like we had planned. Liz was feeling a lot better and so later on in the day we went to a movie. What movie you ask? JUSTIN BIEBER. While SO NOT a fan of him before, I will publicly admit that I now have Bieber Fever! What a great story he has! Before the movie we went for treats at the dollar store. The kids had earned money doing chores and so they were spending their own moola. Luke was so excited to be taking his wallet in his back pocket. It was fun to watch him think through if he really wanted to spend his own money on something. Liz, Laura and Luke each paid themselves and Liz and Luke learned about sales tax. The biggest bummer out of all this is that Luke lost his wallet . When we got home it was gone. I can vividly remember the first time that happened to me. W e were at Pier 49 in San Francisco and I was Luke's age. My purse got pick pocketed on the pier. I had maybe $10 in my wallet but my stomach just dropped. It was the worst feeling ever. Brandon and I felt so horrible for Luke. Life lessons like these are so hard, but he handled it so well and Grandpa Sandall happened to have a spare wallet that he gave him when we went up for dinner on Sunday.

On Saturday night, we had ribs! I think this may have been a day of Liz. Justin Bieber AND ribs!! While watching a movie, I introduced the girls to a new beauty ritual. A facial. Well, a mask. They had never done this before and come to find out, neither had Brandon! Facials all around! It was fun to put the green gunk on our faces and let it harden. I have great memories doing this with my mom and cousins and aunt when I was their age.


So there is our weekend, in a nut shell! It was fun and relaxing. The kids are doing good. Laura has some dance events coming up and Lilly is going with her Young Women's group up in O-town camping soon. S o things are good. We are happy and busy and tired at the end of our days.

Enjoy photo's from our beauty night...Brandon, you are a great sport!!!



The girls...


Lizabean and Me


Laura and I


"You're freaking me out!" 
B and I. I love this picture. He is the cutest man, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment