Site Search

x

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yes. I am going to coupon!

OK. So I have definitely had serious shock when it comes to grocery shopping. I had no idea what it took to feed and take care of a family of six. Its even more complicated when the family of six isn't always under one roof. Some weekends it takes more food than others. I didn't know it was possible for a washer to run non-stop either. I had been thinking about the whole couponing craze and wondering if I could figure out how to do it. A new friend of mine recently told me that she saves 60% on her grocery bill. . . 60%???!!!??? I was in the process of going to her for help when my ward had an Enrichment Night centered around couponing. For my non-member friends, Enrichment night is held about once a month and it is a night for the women (member or not) to get together and learn something new (like couponing) or do a service. Food and chatting are also a huge part. It's nice to get out and get together with the women in your neighborhood!
So after last night, I am even more excited about this whole coupon thing!!! I am bound and determined to be one of those people who gets paid to shop! I'd also like a little more moola in my shoe fund. I feel like I just might get the hang of this and be able to save us some money. I'm getting us a few newspaper subscriptions and starting my filing system this weekend. We are due for a grocery shop and I want to hold off til I get the paper, that is how excited I am about this! I will go to the store, I don't want to make Brandon starve. Needless to say, I am excited!
Feel free to make fun of me all you want. I apologize now if I take longer in the check out line, sometimes it takes me a minute to learn new things. S o if you see me maybe try a different line, or grab yourself a coke while you wait. If it saves me money, I'm all for it! Let the saving begin and the growing of my shoe (and mission) fund begin!

1 comment:

  1. I use couponmom.com and coupondiva weekly--they are amazing and so easy to use! Did they tell you about either of those? They are both free and offer so much!

    --Roni

    ReplyDelete