Site Search

x

Monday, March 14, 2011

Planting My Own Flowers


I have wanted to keep this blog mostly centered around my family and what we are up to. However, lately I've enjoyed writing in my journal and have discovered that I have a lot to say. I've learned a lot. I am currently in the process of resuming posts on a blog I started a few years ago during a very difficult time in my life. It is a private blog for good reason. However, if you are a friend of ours and would like access to it, let me know. People who know me know I am incredibly open and honest and know my reasons for keeping it private. I am excited to start writing on it again. I am changing its focus a little though and while some of the old posts will remain, I am chosing to change its tone.

Planting your own flowers came from a poem I read. It's about being me. Finding me and being happy. I am blessed to be able to say that I know who I am and I'm happy.

I thought I'd share the poem, it is very special to me:

Comes The Dawn
By Veronica A. Shoffstall

After a while you learn the
subtle difference
Between holding a hand and
chaining a soul,
And you learn that love
doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't mean
security,
And you begin to learn that
kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't
promises,
And you begin to accept your
defeats
With your head up and your
eyes open
With the grace of a woman,
not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all
your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground
is too uncertain for plans,
And futures have a way of
falling down in
mid-flight
After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if
you get too much.
So you plant your own
garden and decorate your
own soul,
Instead of waiting for
someone to bring you
flowers.
And you learn that you
can endure...
That you really are strong,
And you really do have
worth
And you learn and learn
with every goodbye you
Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment