Site Search

x

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Glory Days

The other weekend, I got to re-live some of my glory days. I started dancing before I was 5 years old and started competing shortly after. Laura had a dance competition during the last two weekends. Competitions have definitely changed a lot since my day (great...that means I'm old...I just referred to "my day"). Laura has really grown as a dancer during the past year. One of her dances took second place and the other took first. GO LAURA!! Her studio, overall, did very well. As I was sitting at the competition, it brought back all kinds of memories of traveling to Nevada and all over California for competitions and conventions. My mom sure did a lot of sitting! It is amazing to watch young girls and boys display their talents and show their passion for dance. We are very proud of Laura, she is a talented young girl. The first competition that I took her to was in Syracuse. The next weekend, it was in Logan. B and I got up early to go see her. . . Breakfast burritos and we were off! The competition was held up at Utah State University and was bigger than the lfirst one. There were a few hours between her dances, so B and I met my brother Paul for lunch. The three of us went back to watch Laura's second dance. After the competition, I got to go see Paul's new place and we went to a movie. Since coming home from the Army, Paul has started as a student at Utah State and is living up there with his best friend, who I refer to as my non-biological brother, Brad. Later, Brandon took me out to dinner, just the two of us, to a steak house. We both enjoy going on car rides, so it was a fun day of driving. We went home through Brigham City. Below are two clips from Laura's dance. We don't have a camera and I'm kinda shaky (we currently borrow cameras for stuff like this), so I apologize in advance for my shakiness! Laura, starts in the back on the right in this first one.
Laura is the 5th from the left on the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment