Site Search

x

Monday, March 14, 2011

Come on, ride the train....

Part of my job is to teach students how to use public transportation. Many of the students I work with will never drive, so we focus on how to use the bus and Trax. We use these outings to learn other skills as well, like comparison shoping, time management, social skills, job skills...the list goes on. Needless to say, I know how to get around on public transportation and some of my greatest stories come from being on the bus. Last summer I thought it would be fun to take the kids on TRAX out to Intermountain Medical Center where Brandon works. I think they liked it, but I forgot how traumatizing public transportation can be your first time! What I now find fascinating was a little unsettling at first! But it was a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment