Site Search

x

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A date with Liz


So the kids and I have somehow spontaneously started to have what I'm going to call dates (one on one time with the kids). Last Saturday Liz and I went on a date. She chose to go ice skating. I had taken ice skating lessons as a kid but hadn't been in YEARS. Liz had me help her around the rink once and then promptly asked me to sit down while she tried it on her own. I did. She did great! We spent the afternoon skating around the rink. She tried to learn how to go backwards and did pretty good as well. I t was a lot of fun going skating with Liz. After, we went to Iceberg and got lunch and took it over to my mom's. Liz was astonished at the size of her cookie dough shake!! I t took her all weekend to eat it. After lunch with my mom, Liz and I headed home. It was a fun afternoon. On Sunday, it took her a while to walk downstairs due to her legs hurting. We were sore. My shoulders ached from holding her up!

Liz was eager to tell me she wants to bring Luke and teach him how to skate. I love her enthusiasm about life. She jumps right in and just goes. A lot of kids would have a hard time and falling on the ice would be a setback, but not for Liz. She is an independent girl. I love that about her. Her attitude and independence is going to take her far in this life.



No comments:

Post a Comment