Site Search

x

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Cannibus Disability

Today, I remembered a story that I will never get to live down. At the beginning of each school year, I help with the intake information of all the students. I meet with each student and enter in information about them on an Emergency Card. While filling out this card with a student, I asked what their disability was, and they replied they had a "Cannibus Disability". I just typed away. I hadn't heard of cannibus and didn't know what kind of disability it may be. A few months later, the school psychologist and my boss pointed out that we have a student with a cannibus disability. Everyone laughed except for me.

Apparently cannibus is marijuana. Who knew?? Not me. That particular student must have had the best laugh that day. My co-workers will never let me live it down.

1 comment: