Site Search

x

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm just well rounded....

Last weekend was a lot of fun. I was telling someone about our adventures and they sort of had a funny look on their face...Friday night there was a tri-stake dance (Ward's are assigned to stake's for organizational purposes). It was a Valentine's Dance with a "Sock Hop" theme to it. I had been excited about this for weeks, as I love to dance. Brandon and I went with another couple in our neighborhood, Katie and Matt. We went to dinner at a FANTASTIC restaurant in Layton (Way to go Katie!!) called Gabarro Brothers. Its a quaint place. The food is amazing and the portions are huge. I could have sat and ate the bread sticks all night long. When we got to the dance, we got our picture taken on a motorcycle. I really wished I had a poodle skirt and an "up-do". We missed the initial dance lessons but I asked for a mini lesson for the four of us and we got a quick run down. We now want to take dancing lessons!

On Saturday night, we went to a Piano Bar. Maybe this is why they had the weird face?? Church dance one night, piano bar the next?? I dunno. We went with Rand, Crystal, Tara and Dustin. I could sit and sing and people-watch all night long. On Saturday morning, the universe was out of balance. I woke up, wide awake, at 6:37 a.m. and we went out to breakfast. Brandon loves the morning. I do not. I'm not a night owl either. I'm a 9-hours-of-sleep girl. We went to breakfast at Granny Annies and I have to say it was totally worth it. When we pulled up, Brandon counted the number of white pickup trucks in the parking lot. There were 9. At the counter sat who I assume were the owners of the pickups, a bunch of men in wranglers, plaid shirts, cowboy boots and hats. Oh that made my heart so happy!! There was one stool open at the counter and I wanted to go eat with "the boys" but didn't want to leave Brandon out. After breakfast I picked up Katie and we went to my cousin Katie's for a dance class. After that, we ran up to watch Laura dance at a basketball game. I remember seeing her dance last year, she has come a long way. We are so very proud of her!

So there was a quick rundown of last weekend. Maybe it's weird we went to a church dance one night and a piano bar the other, but I like to think I'm just well-rounded.

2 comments:

  1. We had so much stinkin' fun with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!!!! Where do we want to make our husbands take us next?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete