Site Search

x

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hidden talents...

This weekend went by way to fast! We were invited over to Brian and Andrea's on Friday for games and dessert. I can not tell you the name of the game we played nor how you really play it. I can tell you that I have not laughed like that in a very long time. You have to do random things throughout the game. Brian had to sit with his left hand in a bowl of water til it was his turn again. Lilly had to give a eulogy to her dog. Liz had to be a cowboy. We had to take turns doing sign language til someone couldn't any more. Liz, Luke and Andrea had the upper hand at this. Brian and Brandon got creative. We had to end all our sentences in "izzle". Are you confused? Good. Me too. I have however discovered that my dear husband and my brother both have hidden dancing abilities! Here I thought it was just me. Brian pulled a card that said he had to dance like a show girl. A fter much confusion, Andrea, Laura, Lilly and I were able to help him out and we got to watch him do the can-can and perfect his jazz hands. It turns out that Brandon can belly dance. He drew a card that required him to perform a belly dance. I read the card over his shoulder and was consumed in a fit of giggles. Brandon hops right up without a second thought and pulls up his shirt and starts dancing around wiggling his belly. I laughed so hard I cried. Certain people couldn't watch, I could not look away. I love that he knows how to be silly and let loose with us. It was a lot of fun for all 8 of us to play. My mom was there to watch us be goofy and we all got turns to hold baby Lincoln. He is such a darling baby and Liz and I got him to smile and laugh.

Thank you Brian and Andrea for such a fun night!! We need to do it again. I am grateful for you two. Our family has so much fun with you. Next time though, I want a video camera handy!

The rest of our weekend went like this:

*Saturday morning was a blast doing chores (note the sarcasm)
*Lilly and Laura played at the cousins while Liz and I went skating
*Brandon and Luke made a trip to Logan with Paul to move some of his furniture
*I made lasagna! Not the kind from a box! HA!
*We made cupcakes and the kids decorated them. My frosting was questionable...
*Church (Man have I got to write about our calling....)
*Super Bowl Game at Lincoln's (Laura was the only one cheering for the Steelers, but she did a great job rooting for them!)

This past Monday I took the day off to see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. For those of you who are not blessed to be around me all the time, I have had sinus issues for the past two years. In September of 2009 I had a surgery that really did not improve things except for a few months. The kids enjoy watching me do nasal rinses. Brandon just laughs at me as water shoots out my nose and mouth. I've been put on prednisone, once again. I hate that medication. And have a medicated saline rinse. Lovely, huh? I go back in four weeks to talk about surgery options. UGH. I'd rather talk about summer shoe options.

No comments:

Post a Comment