Site Search

x

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Quick Update

Well, I have not been good at the blogging thing lately. Our last month of summer has been so hectic!! The kids had their two weeks of uninterrupted time with their mom starting on August 8th. They went back to school on August 23rd and it is their year to spend Labor Day with their mom. So needless to say, we have had one Thursday night dinner with them since then. It has been really hard for us. We have missed them, a lot,but that is just how it works out sometimes. We are excited to go to dinner tonight and can't wait for the next three weeks to be over and back to having them over on the weekend!!

My Dad came into town with my brother and sister. Technically they are my half siblings, but I don't think of them that way....but wanted to clarify since it sometimes confuses people. I had not seen them since last September, so was really excited to have them stay with us. Ashi's school started in the middle of it though, so I only got to spend a couple of days with her. We spent one day at the spa getting our toes done and then shopping til we dropped!! Brandon colored her hair. Yes, Brandon. We had fun going to movies, out to eat and just hanging with my Dad and brothers during the week.

I started back at Weber State on the 22nd of August. This has been a big change for me, as I have quit my full time job. I have never not worked (Except for 5 months in 2005). I was really nervous but am doing ok with all the changes. Brandon started his semester as well and is teaching full time for Weber State University. They have asked him to teach some additional courses and he is really liking his new job.

We had our one year anniversary!! Woot woot! No one knew because we eloped and didn't tell anyone for four weeks. I just giggle at this still. What an amazing memory. Our mission is going great and we love every minute of it. So this is the real quick run down of where we have been the past month!!! Will post again soon with more detail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment