Site Search

x

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Movin' on up....Litterally

So we are moving- Up North. Out of my beloved Davis County and Bountiful-Centerville-Farmington-Kaysville area. Those of you who know me well are probably sitting with dropped jaws wondering if I'm feeling ok. I feel great, so don't worry!! I've lived out of the State before and during the bulk of my 20's I lived in Salt Lake City. I love Salt Lake, especially the areas I lived in (Sugar House, Foot Hill and Down Town). I have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought I would EVER move to the Ogden area. But I now find myself moving to Plain City. It is just west of North Ogden (Brandon keeps telling me North Ogden is better than Ogden).

It was by accident really. Brandon and I have always had plans to live closer to the kids, we discussed it in length while we dated. But we weren't actively looking, just every now and then. A few weeks ago, Brandon came across a house while waiting for Laura at dance. It's a small house. I call it a cottage. And it is only 7 miles from the kids. We were looking at a house literally up the street from the kids but this one just feels better.

So I find myself trying to stay on top of school and getting ready to move. ARGH!!! What I'm struggling with most is moving away from my family and friends. I've always been blessed with a lot of amazing friends spread all over, but I will no longer be 30 min away for last-minute dinner dates with girl friends. All my family live in Bountiful with the exception of my Dad and a few siblings. I struggled with leaving my job at STAR for the same reason. I felt such close bonds/connections with some of the people there. I guess I now just have to put more of an effort into my relationships. So despite me being nervous, the calm remains. This calm I have found in my life is unshakable. It is probably the biggest blessing in my life. The calm is constant. I've worked hard to achieve it but through grace I found it.

On Tuesday night, B and I took a walk around Plain City to talk about the devotional he was to give that night to a ward in Clearfield. As we were walking, that peace overcame me, stronger than normal. I knew this was going to be good. Things were good and will continue to be good as long as I keep doing what I've been doing.

So there ya go. I am now pretty excited about our move. To get into our little cottage and get back into the groove of things. Cooking dinner, homework, etc....I'm now just dreading the moving part.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! I want to see pictures of your new place

    ReplyDelete