Site Search

x

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!

Last Saturday was our one year anniversary. The past year has flown by. I still giggle when I think of the fact that we eloped. We had been engaged about two weeks when Brandon called me one afternoon and asked if I would hop in a car and just head to Vegas. Brandon and I have both been married before. We wanted to get married in an LDS temple but knew that the process to do so, having both been sealed to our first spouses, would take months to receive Church clearance/cancelation in order to do so. Both of our Bishops advised us to get married civilly and then pursue a temple sealing. With it being our second wedding, and since our first choice of a temple ceremony wasn't an option due to the time it would take, we had started planning a small wedding at my aunts house and were really excited. The next thing I know, we end up in Vegas!!

I will always cherish the memories and conversations we had during the hours leading up to our wedding. To some, getting married in Vegas may seem a bit selfish (some even wanted to be there and we understand that-- big apologies to Amber and Pookie) or unconventional, but ultimately it was what we wanted and we have never regretted the decision. A few weeks later, we had a celebration with friends and family - celebrating our new union and especially our new family. We had so much fun.

For our anniversary this year we spent they day in the Bountiful Temple. Early that morning, we went out to breakfast, then B took me shopping for a new dress and then we went to the Temple. Brandon and I volunteer in the temple's cafeteria every other Saturday doing dishes and it was our Saturday to be there. After we were done working, we ate dinner in the cafeteria and then did a session. We had planned to go out to a movie after, but ended up home watching a video, snacking on crab, grapes and cheese. It was honestly one of the best days ever.

Brandon, I never knew that love, a relationship, and a marriage could be like this. I am blessed beyond measure to have you as my husband. You sacrifice so much to take care of our family and I love you for it. Thank you for being my best friend. For staying up late with me, talking into the night. For holding my hand. For listening. For making me laugh on a daily basis. For being so brutally honest with me. Thank you for everything you do for me. Thank you for the texts and phone calls and emails throughout my day to tell me you love and adore me and are thinking of me. Thank you for letting me in and for allowing me to know all of you. You are such an amazing man. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment