Site Search

x

Monday, September 5, 2011

Gone Fishing

I went fishing as a kid, but not really ever as an adult. Brandon got me into it last summer...So I had been asking to go fishing for weeks....and today it finally happened. B woke me up early this morning and we headed out. Last night, I asked him what time we were getting up and he informed me it was better that I not know, I just needed to get up and get in the car. And ya know what? He was right! I didn't ask what time it was, I got up, brushed my teeth and climbed in the car. I now know it was before 6 a.m. and I think the fact that I didn't know the actual time made it easier for me. I know you are thinking, "what on earth, that makes no sense". I'm not going to question it. It makes sense for me.

Brandon asked me if I had ever been in to Bowman's (our local grocery store) early in the morning when their bakery was just opening up. I stared at him and he grinned. We didn't need to go any further, we both knew I hadn't (I'm not a morning person). Walking into the store and being hit with that amazing smell was a little bit of heaven! We grabbed some doughnuts and milk and hit the road. We stopped briefly at Rockport Reservoir before heading up to "our spot" at Smith and Morehouse.

There is really only one way to describe our day of fishing. JACK POT!! We walked down to a spot we really like behind the "lake". There in a pool was over a dozen fish. Brandon easily caught four in the first 20 minutes, I was not too far behind him. He asked me if I wanted to go for a hike, I agreed and off we went down the river. We spent the rest of the day hiking down the river. Crossing back and forth several times, getting cold and wet but having a blast. We kept catching fish after fish. We both caught easily over a dozen. We brought four home for dinner. By the time we got back to the car it was after 1 p.m. We then went for a drive, got some lunch and then came home for a nap.

It was a simple day. But we decided that it was probably the coolest thing we had done all summer. I love the days we spend together and when we are spontaneous. I love how Brandon is always taking care of me. He sometimes tries to help me too much (which is a great quality), I never have to carry stuff, or open my door, and he always holds my hand, etc. I made him show me how to set up my own line so I could do it though, last year he always set mine up for me. But no more! I can now do it just fine. Brandon says he loves my independence and that I like to do things on my own, which is a good thing, because I'm not changing!

Brandon, I love you! I had so much fun with you today. I love that we sit and talk and talk. From the important to the silly. I love just talking with you and I love that you are a talker! I also love that we can sit in silence and just be together. I love that you made me laugh all day today. My sides hurt sometimes from you making me laugh. Thank you for teaching me, helping me. For being my best friend. Today was a good day. I love you B!

No comments:

Post a Comment