Site Search

x

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kitty Balls????

So a few weeks ago I was taking a nap when I heard a cat screaming. I mean really screaming. I didn't think much of it, figured a cat had been run over or something, so I went on with my nap. Then a couple weeks later, I'm going out to the garage for something before Brandon and I head off to a meeting. As I go in the garage, I hear this scurrying noise. I look down and there are these little eyes, blinking back at me. It totally freaks me out, even though I realize it's just kittens. I run in the house and tell Brandon there are a bunch of kittens in the garage. He thought I was nuts. I drag him out there and we can't hear a thing. At this point, now I think I'm crazy. But then, there's that scurrying noise again. Brandon and I find 4 baby kittens, only a few weeks old. One in particular was really fiesty....it hissed at Brandon when he got near. I decided he was my favorite since he had spunk.

We left for our meeting and when we came home, we noticed a black cat hanging out at the edge of our lawn. We assumed it was mom and so went to bed. Brandon put food out every night and that weekend, when the kids came, they rounded up the kittens. All four of them. I am not a cat person. I just don't really like them. But kittens are cute and I don't mind too bad that they brought them in because we aren't keeping them. So the kids are having fun and Laura named them all. I asked if they knew if they were boys or girls. Laura told me that there were two boys and two girls.

I thought about this for a minute. I've never noticed if a cat was male or female. It isn't obvious like it is on a dog, or at least that is what I thought. I made the huge mistake of asking "How do you guys know?". Brandon in a very proud voice replies, "Cuz they have kitty balls." Without missing a beat, Lilly holds one up and says, "See!". Well, sure enough, there they were. And then our dear sweet Elizabeth goes, "Want to see this one's kitty balls?!?!", and she holds up the other male. And the entire family busts into laughter and I have no idea what on earth just happened. Is this sexual harrassment of a kitten??? I dunno but that was definitely a funny moment in our house last weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment