Site Search

x

Friday, August 5, 2011

Park City

We took the kids to Park City for a few days. The Smith's (Andrea's parents) invited us up to their time share at the Marriot Summit Watch in Park City. I had stayed there before and so knew what kind of fun we were in for. Park City is one of my favorite quick getaways. Two of my girlfriends and I love to go up there for girl's weekends and Brandon and I did a honeymoon there. The kids had never been to Park City and they and Brandon told me they had never gone anywhere as a family unless it was camping. Needless to say the kids were very excited to go on a vacation that wasn't camping.

This Marriot is a great place to go with kids. There is a huge activities center with a pool and games and a wii and games, etc. Our first night, we headed right over to the pool. As soon as the kids were in bed, Brandon and I headed out on a date. Monday, Brandon and I got up early to go have facials and soak in the hot tubs. We then went over and road the Alpine Slide and Alpine Roller Coaster. VERY FUN!!!! Then Brandon and I took the kids out to eat at Bandit's. It's BBQ/Steaks. One of my favorite places to eat there. Laura got a steak, Lilly got a combo plate with brisket and another meat, Liz got ribs (would she get anything else??? NO), Brandon got an amazing burger, I had cedar plank salmon and Luke had grilled cheese. :)

We swam some more, cooked at the hotel. Brandon had to go home Monday night for work. After he left, Brian, Andrea, Lincoln and the kids and I went and made s'mores!! There are multiple fires around down town with benches and we just picked one and went to town! It was a lot of fun. After, Liz and I went to the activities Center to watch the Justin Beiber movie. Everyone else played a game back at the room. On Tuesday, we swam some more. Laura and Luke went on a hike with the Smith's and Brian, Andrea and Lincoln. Lilly, Liz and I did a picture scavenger hunt and then went out to eat at a French Bistro.

We had a lot of fun. We were all sad to leave. We are so grateful to the Smith's and Brian and Andrea for having us up there!! Thank you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment