Site Search

x

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Camping in Fairview

Earlier in July, we went camping with Brandon's family and some of his extended family down in Fairview, Utah. We had a lot of fun. My Uncle Mark loaned us his 15 passenger van so we could fit everything and all ride together. I giggled as Brandon and I drove. My Mom and Dad drove a big van like that and so I just felt like I was my mom. I have moments like that all the time....like when I catch myself saying, "If you're going upstairs already, then take that with you. Save a trip!" Being like my mom is not a bad thing. I have an amazing mom!

Brandon, Laura and Liz woke up early on Saturday to drive back up home so that Liz could be in a parade she had been working hard to be in and Laura had worked hard to teach the routine at her dance camp. When we realized the conflict, I assumed I would drive the girls up. But Brandon was adamant about being the one to take them. He told me, "You always get to take them and see them dance, it's my turn." How can I say no to that?? Liz has really liked taking a dance class from Katie and Laura continues to grow as a dancer.

We spent the weekend fishing, playing in dirt, roasting marshmallows and hanging out with family. Everyone caught multiple fish. Lilly and Luke caught the most by far. I only caught one. But hey, I had a blast! All the girls earned a mani and pedi by jumping in the river in our clothes, Luke earned a movie. But Brandon didn't earn anything....he made all the bets. We didn't think to make him jump in too! Smart man! Emma (Tara's youngest girl) picked me a bunch of wild flowers while we were up there, which followed with more flowers from other darling nieces!! Oh how I love these girls!! They make my heart smile!

We had a lot of fun with our family and hanging out around the fire. We really love camping and fishing and Brandon and I are hoping to go again in the next two weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment