Site Search

x

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And the summer goes on....

Ok...so needless to say, we have had a very hectic few weeks!!! The kids came to stay with us for two weeks and we had such a good time having them around....I worked the first week and so the kids came with me to nanny the Izatt family. I had to borrow Junior (Jenn's Expedition) in order to fit all 7 kids in a car. 7 kids. 7 very awesome kids. 7 very fun and beautiful kids. 1 exhausted Jill. Over the three days I was working we swam, we bowled and we swam some more. And that was just the start to our week!!! So here is a quick run down of the past few weeks:

*Swimming
*Dinner at Connee's
*Bowling
*Swimming at North Shore with my friends Sam and Shara and their kids (it made for 11 kids total and 3 adults.....YIKES!!)
*Dance for Liz
*Luke was in the Primary Bike Parade
*The next couple of days are a blur...
*We went to Park City for three days
*My car died
*Lilly had piano
*Liz had dance
(Inhale here.....)
*Had a big old cousin bash at our house: pizza, games, root beer floats and a movie outside
*Nails done
*Hair Cuts
*Luke and B had some man time at a movie, ice cream and a bike ride.
*Decorated Cakes
*Played on stilts
*Naps on the lawn

So I'm confident that I have missed a few things but as you can see, those two weeks were crazy, hence it being a total blur. We did a lot of swimming and the kids have become hooked on M*A*S*H. They lay on our bed and floor at night before bed to watch it with Brandon and I. We love it.

Brandon kept us laughing the whole two weeks. When he walks in the door he had this ability to make me laugh even when I'm completely stressed out trying to make dinner. He makes everything better. I don't know how to explain this goofy man I am married to, but he keeps the kids and I laughing.

Brandon started full time with Weber State University on July 1st. He is so very excited for this opportunity, as am I. He plans to look for a part time job in nursing as well but right now is putting his main focus at Weber State. Weber State has opened up a program at Ogden Weber Applied Technology College, so that is where he will be teaching up in the new building. I am excited and nervous to get back into school this fall. Taking the last year off was defanitely needed as I transitioned into being married again and having four kids but I am anxious to get my degree done as I am over half way there!!!

So we are having fun, enjoying one another. Trying to transition into new employment and school and still really enjoying our Service Mission. That continues to be such an amazing experience for Brandon and I.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Brandon! That's great! So does this mean you'll be moving closer to the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the plan!! We are excited! Will you help me round up boxes again??? HA! That was so funny!

    ReplyDelete