Site Search

x

Saturday, August 6, 2011

BCF's

I grew up with a lot of cousins (16 of us total). The majority of us all live within 15 minutes of each other. I have always been particularly close with my cousin Katie. We are only 3 months a part. The other week, during "Therapy Thursdays" (That is what we call our Thursday's together, while our kids swim and we chat) I looked at her and asked her, "When did we become the adults??". It really does seem like last summer that our mom's were cooking the hot dogs and Kate and I were playing. We both just laughed. I am so grateful for Kate. We've always had each other and always been able to confide in one another. I'm very fortunate to have some life long friends, she is one of them.

As kids, we loved to play in Gramsy and Papa's backyard. We would dress up as princess and pretend we were just that. We would spend hours making up dance routines, playing school, having water fights, working for papa, sleepovers outside, laying on Papa's patio during rain storms, climbing trees, going to sewing lessons, bike rides, camping, fishing, skiing every Saturday at Park City, shopping at ZCMI and Nordstroms with our mom's and Gramsy, lunch at the Tiffin Room...the list goes on. I am truly blessed. The other week, a picture was taken of us which reminded me of one from when we were little....


Then...


and now....



Best Cousin's Forever!! Love you Kate!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment