Site Search

x

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Party like it's 2010

We started our New Years Eve celebrations early in the morning. Brandon got up and made the kids a huge breakfast of pigs in a blanket, hashbrowns, eggs, bacon and chocolate milk. I got to sleep in. Wahoo! When everyone finally got me going, we headed up to North Ogden to go snow tubing. One quick stop at Walmart for some boots and gloves for a few of us and we were off! Lilly took us to a cool park that had a good-sized hill, called Wadman Park. We had a lot of fun playing in the snow and we had a hard time getting Liz to leave, slap some toe warmers in that girl's boots and she is good to go!

After tubing, we went home and all tried to take a nap. The twins were successful in their nap and I believe Laura was too, but B and I were not. Neither of us could sleep. We got ready and headed over to the Wright's. Brandon has known Kari and Cody for years and the kids have known them their whole lives. The kids are all about the same ages. I can't really say who out of the kids was most excited, but they had been talking about going up to the Wrights for New Years for weeks. "It's tradition!"

We ate pizza and tons of other food. There was so much! The adults played a fun Alice in Wonder Land game, however, Brandon, Kari and I were talking too much that Cody kicked our trash. However, I think Kari and I redeemed ourselves with Catch Phrase! I got to try out the Wii and am completely addicted to Just Dance 2. At one point, the grown-ups took over. Kari was amazing and so were Brandon and Cody. I simply struggle! I have a video game disability and with the dance ones I want to do all of it perfectly so I try way too hard and do horribly!!! It was a lot of fun to watch the kids play too, even the little ones. Sadie and Liz rocked it! When midnight hit, we set off fireworks and we hosed the kids with silly string. Once we were back inside, glow sticks were busted out, the lights were turned off and the music was turned up and we had a dance party! That was so much fun!! It was simply a fun night with good friends. Around 3:00 a.m. we decided to crash there (which made the kids ecstatic) and we all went to bed around 4 a.m.

We were up by 9 a.m. and I really don't remember much, as I normally go to bed early and am sure to get 9 hours of sleep. I do remember Cody's Mickey Mouse pancakes, though. Does that count? We got home later that afternoon and I was finally able to take a nap!!! We spent the night vegging out in front of the TV, eating shrimp and other finger-foods. It was such a fun day and thankfully I got to catch up on my sleep that night because we have switched to 11 a.m. church!! WAHOO!!!

Well, there is a quick run down of our New Years. I am so lucky to have new friends in the Wrights, and we had so much fun! Thank you Kari, Cody and kids for such a fun night. It will forever be a great memory. We hope everyone had a safe and happy new year! I am still working on my New Years' resolutions. I am having a hard time picking out what it is I don't want to follow through with this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment