Site Search

x

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ongoings with the Sandalls...

The past few weeks have been very eventful and Brandon and I have both found ourselves with very little time to just be. However, being busy is better, right?? Brandon and I have been doing some one on one time with the kids. I like to call them dates. Luke and I had our date a few weeks ago. He chose to go bowling. We decided to go bowling in Bountiful, and all I'm going to say is that I am demanding a rematch!! After bowling, we met my mom at Costco to pick up Lilly's Birthday cake. We ate lunch there and when Luke got his pizza, he proclaimed, "It's so huge, it's going to eat me!!" After lunch, we went to Kohls and he helped pick out some shoes and basketball shorts for Brandon. He also picked out some jewlery for Lilly for her birthday and found earings that Liz and Laura, "Gotta have!!!" He also worked his magic with my mom and we left with a few things for him as well!

Shortly after Christmas, Lilly had a birthday! She is now 13 and we had a fun time celebrating. We went out to the planetarium as a family and Lilly brought her cousin Gabe along. We saw a dome show and then played around in the exhibits. Lilly had some B-Day cash, so she and Gabe hit the gift shop. Why is it, when we are kids, that we simply die to spend money in the gift shop??? I can remember loving the gift shop at the Montery Bay Aquarium as a kid. I always asked for a shiny rock or mug. I have the mug but never got the stinking rock! Home to some fantastic BLT's made by Brandon and movies and the best part....CAKE! I've never liked tomatoes until now. I had a BLT and...I liked it! Who knew? First chili, now tomatoes!

Brandon and I were asked to speak in Church that Sunday (January 9). I had made a deal with my Bishop 10 years prior that since he was asking me to speak 15 minutes before Sacrament meeting, that I didn't want to speak for ten years. Well, the deal held and I tried to make the same deal with my new Bishop, but he would only go for four years. Oh-well. Brandon and I spoke on faith, using the Fall 2010 General Conference talk by Bishop Edgley called: Faith, The Choice is Yours. I always get so nervous having to speak infront of adults. I'm fine talking at work in front of teenagers, but put in a room of adults who know way more than me and my anxiety goes through the roof. I can say I got through it ok but have no idea what I said. Brandon did amazing. He has such a way with words. I loved listening to him talk and bear his testimony. I am so proud to be his wife.

Check out picutres from my date with Luke and Lilly's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment