Site Search

x

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grateful

Today I feel grateful. I am becoming more aware of my life and just how much I have to be grateful for. I am so grateful for my job. I'm lucky to work somewhere that is constantly teaching me and helping me to grow. I love the days where I get to see a student really grow and to start moving their life in a positive direction and learn to live with a disability. I love the hard days and I love the days where the students and my friends at work simply make me laugh.

I am grateful for friends. I am grateful to be able to say that I am fortunate enough to have real friends, whether the friendship has been life-long or brand-new; the comfort of being around my friends or a simple call or text to say "Hi"; being invited to yoga or going to book club. It means the world to me. I love having people that I trust and know don't judge me and love me. I am also grateful for family. I'm grateful that I grew up with a ton of cousins and have a life-time of memories with them and my siblings. I'm grateful for grandparents, aunts, and uncles who helped to teach me a long the way. I'm grateful for my siblings and what they bring into my life; My brothers (you too Brad...), I have always looked up to and am grateful for all they've done for me. My sister, she just warms my heart. I've been blessed with parents who love me. My new family. It is overwhelming, the love and support I feel from Brandon's family. They are truly amazing and they bless my life so much.

I am grateful for the Gospel. I'm grateful for the experience I had last Saturday to go to the Ogden, Utah Temple with Lilly, Brandon's parents, Rand and Crystal and Tara and Gabe, to do Baptisms. It was such a neat experience to be in the templewith them and to watch Lilly as she participated in sacred ordinances. The feeling in my heart that afternoon was complete peace and joy.

My new little family. I never knew how much joy, stress, laughter and exhaustion there could be in one day until four very special kids came into my life. They are truly unique and each their own person. I learn and grow from them, because of who they are. My life is forever better. My Brandon. I am grateful for him. For the honesty that exists. His hard work is evident in every day. I'm graeful for a man who strives to honor his priesthood, who can admit to his shortcomings but to his strengths as well. I'm grateful for the pure laughter we share and I'm grateful for a man who thinks it's cute when I'm mad.

I'm also grateful for Coke with fresh lime, pedicures and pj's. I'm super grateful for deoderant, chocolate chip cookies and loofa's. I'm grateful for books, the ability to talk to loved-ones frequently and for the power of prayer. I'm grateful for music, massages, and dance. The dishwasher....I am so grateful for that and wrinkle free fabrics! I'm grateful for toilet paper, magic erasers and cute shoes. I'm grateful for bubble baths, cheese cake and lip gloss.

Today, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment