Site Search

x

Monday, January 3, 2011

I love to see the Temple....


On Tuesday (12/21/2010) I went to eat lunch with my B at his work. After, I had an errand to run and then decided (with the help of Brandon) to go to one of the temples in that end of the valley. So I went to the Draper Temple. It is such a beautiful temple, in a breathtaking location with an amazing view of the valley. The Draper Temple runs their sessions on the hour. I normally go to the Bountiful Temple where they run the sessions on the hour and half hour. I got there just after a session had started and so I had a chance to do some initiatories before my session. I made the comment that I had never been there before, so a sister gave me a tour of the bride's room and told me a little about the temple.

I was blown away at how pretty the inside was. Walls are hand-painted with murals and the chandaliers are breathtaking. After my session, I approaced a sister working there and asked if I could see the sealing rooms. As my tour then continued, she showed me a large framed picture that was going to be thrown out, as it was part of a room where they cut double doors out after the mural had been painted. They thought that portion of the wall was too pretty to throw away and so they framed it. I got to see the large and small sealing rooms. The large sealing room seats 75 people. There is a beautiful wood used in the Temple for railings and banisters from Africa. It was such a soft and pretty wood.

It was a really special afternoon for me. It was neat to get to walk into the sealing rooms and to talk with the sister about when she got sealed and about Brandon and I getting sealed. On the day that sister got married and sealed, her father was sealed to her mom who was deceased, and her uncle and aunt got sealed as well. I love the peaceful feeling of being in the temple and having that time to not worry about day-to-day things but to think about those things that are most important to me. I am so excited to get sealed to my Brandon next summer.

Brandon, I am so grateful for you and for how you honor your priesthood. I'm grateful for all the little things you do for me and the big things too. I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father put us infront of one another. You are my best friend. Thank you for working so hard to provide for us. You make me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman on earth. I love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment