Site Search

x

Monday, November 29, 2010

Blessings and a little bit of bragging....

With Thanksgiving over and Christmas on its way, I can't help but feel excited. I love this time of year. We got some snow this weekend and while I was driving to meet my students this morning I got a phone call from Brandon with some good news. I was overwhelmed with gratitude as I finished my drive and enjoyed the sun hitting the snow. I feel tremendously blessed. I would have never pictured my life where it is, it would have been impossible to. It just goes to show that the Lord has a hand in all things. The kids had really struggled with their last ward, that whole year was really hard. As Brandon and I were looking for somewhere to live, one of our biggest concerns was the ward and neighborhood we would be in. I've mentioned before that the kids love the new ward and are making friends in the neighborhood but this weekend I saw the blessings being given to us even more. Lilly is in Young Women's and our ward had their Night in Excellence last week. The kids records are staying up in their ward in O-town but I have been blown away by the love shown towards our family. Since Lilly wasn't at the activity, her leader saved her the treat from it. A bag of gum balls, and gave them to Lilly on Sunday. Lilly cleverly stowed her bag in her boots, which was hilarious when I look over in sacrament meeting and see her pulling them out!! Liz colored a picture for her teacher and told Brandon that she was excited to go to church. I had not slept well. Ok, I didn't sleep at all Saturday night and finally fell asleep around 5 a.m. When I woke up at 8:20 a.m. everyone was dressed and ready to go. Laura has been leading us in family scripture study at night. We are so blessed by their example. Knowing all to well how hard these kinds of changes are, I feel so blessed that our family is somewhere that we love. Lilly is going with the young men and women this Saturday to go to breakfast and then to the Temple for Baptisms. I am so excited for her. I feel like I am rambling all my emotions but to be honest, I can't help it this morning. I am too excited!!!

I am just so grateful for the blessings that keep coming our way. Moving and getting married and establishing ourselves has left our bank account a little bare to say the least but we have not gone without. With Christmas coming, I think Brandon and I both have been a little stressed. Neither of us had a tree and buying a fresh one, while the best, was going to be hard. Then just a few days before Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law, Andrea, called and offered their spare. I was almost in tears. Silly? Maybe. But I was so excited that we could borrow her tree and lights! On Friday night Lilly, Laura and I went over to Brian and Andrea's and got the tree and some decorations. The three of us had a lot of fun, we drove over to my mom's as well. As I'm talking to my mom, I glance over to see Laura. Standing there, shoving hand fulls of pretzel m&m's into her pockets with the most fantastic grin on her face!!! I believe she filled both her pockets! We drove home and Luke and Brandon put the tree together. We put on Christmas music and the girls danced around. After B got the lights on, the kids put on the ornaments. So, Christmas is officially here!!

On Saturday, Laura and I took off to go see the new movie Tangled. We went into SLC to the Gateway. She had chose to go for dessert after but then I think the smell of popcorn got to her! So we got popcorn, candy and drinks and headed to our movie. I have to say I really loved it. And I shall continue to be cheesy and say just how much I loved my afternoon wit La La. I love to sit and gab with her. Just being around her makes me happy. After the movie I took her up to the State Capitol. She said she had never been there, so, we went. Nothing was open since it was Saturday so we just ran around checking out the dome and some of the art. We then hit Starbucks for Carmel Apple Cider and Salted Hot Chocolate. To my good fortune, Laura thought both were gross (I forgive you Laura) so I got to drink both and we went to the gas station for some hot chocolate. In case you didn't know, regular hot chocolate is much better from a gas station than Starbucks, unless you get the salted kind. TRUST ME.

When we got home Brandon and I took the kids and their cousin Gabe to the library. Luke loves the library. Well, they all do. But when we get there, he takes off and heads right to his favorite sections and starts grabbing books. He checks them out all on his own too. He and I have a routine at night where he reads a book to me (I get beginning reader books at the library) and then I read a book to him. I love that he reminds me every night to do this. He is coming so far in his reading too!! I am very proud of him. Saturday night we made stir fry. Lilly and Laura cut up the vegetables for me and Lilly did some of the chicken. Luke helped me make the rice (pictures soon to follow!). After dinner we went over to my mom's where mom and I introduced them to the game of Donkey! I'm just going to let you sit and be curious as to what this game is. But it was a hit! Sunday we had dinner over with Shelley and Huh and Aunt Cami and MaCayla. I have to say that I had a wonderful weekend with my family!
And now for the bragging.........

Brandon, after 12+ years of schooling (The man has multiple degrees, 1 associates and 2 bachelors) is finishing his Masters Degree; a Masters of Science in Nursing-Nursing Administration. He graduates on December 10, 2010. I am in the process of planning a big old bash for him that night! Brandon spent last week finishing up his project and getting it turned in. He has already heard back and they like it! Which does not surprise me one bit. One of the things that I love about Brandon is how much he values an education. He has sacrificed so much over the years to get his education all with the desire to be able to provide for his family and to help others. He has been working full time for IHC and teaching for Weber State all while finishing his Masters. And in all that, he still made plenty of time for me and taking me out on dates and doing things with our family. I still can't quite figure out how he did it all. If I'm not home to cook, he makes dinner. He starts my car for me in the morning, he spends time with me and the kids. He dances with me in the kitchen. I could go on and on about all the things he does for me....I think I may have married Super Man. Just sayin'.

Brandon, you are quite a man. I hope you know how proud of you we all are. You are amazing for how hard you work and how well you take care of me and the kids. You are always present and listening. I don't know how you do it but know how much we appreciate and love you. There just are not words for how I am feeling.

Well, there ya go. Our blessings and bragging. The kids rock. I totally forgot to mention that Laura is mere inches from having her middle splits!!!! Lilly has her Christmas Dance this Friday and I can't wait to see a picture of her dress....it sounds soooo cute!!! So things are hectic and crazy but we are blessed beyond measure. I hope our families know how grateful we are to them for all their help over the past few months. Brandon and I would be lost without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment