Site Search

x

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Enchilada's anyone???

I have to say that B and I were so excited to have the kids again the other weekend. It wasn't our weekend to have them, but we lucked out. So...two weekends in a row!!! I had been counting down for this Friday. La La has been asking for Enchilada's for a while now. When B and I went grocery shopping last week, we picked up the stuff to make them. When they got in the car, I let her know the menu for the evening, and all four kids were excited. We got home and the twins played while the two older girls sat in the kitchen and talked with me while I got dinner ready. I love that. It is so fun to have them in there telling me about their week and what's going on. La La tends to dance around the room while she talks. I love it. I used to do the same. Her older sister, gets so excited talking about school and friends. Our gab fest ended and B came home and we had dinner. Someone took a bite of the much-anticipated enchiladas and goes; "hmmm....this is different". Uh-oh. The kids keep eating and so does B. But then the youngest girl takes a bite and says; "This is disgusting!". I look at B and he tells me it's the sauce and he keeps eating. I take a bite. Oh man, it tasted like the can. Really? Metal flavored enchilada's. I do not recommend them!

Into the garbage they went and it was breakfast for dinner. The kids didn't want to hurt my feelings, and were willing to eat it. Goodness, no! We got out the cereal and sat at the table and laughed about my enchilada's. I made some cookies later to eat during our movie, and the night still turned out great! WHEW!!! I am going to have to tackle the enchilada's again....just not that sauce. :) On Saturday, B had to teach at the hospital and so the kids and I went to the Library before the oldest and I had a hair appointment. The other three went to spend some time at my mom's while we got our hair done. It was a lot of fun to have some one on one time with the oldest. And now we both have smashing hair!! Wahoo!!

My mom turned 60 Saturday, so that night we went to a surprise birthday party for her at a Chinese restaurant. It was a lot of fun. The kids and B got to meet some of my old youth leaders and more of my family. They had never met my older brother and his wife before. My sister-in-law is from Russia and the kids were fascinated with her accent!! We had a lot of fun going up to Gramsy's after to play games and eat yummy chocolate cake. B is not a fan of chocolate which means I had to sacrifice and eat his piece. It's what you do when you love someone. Sunday was the first time that we were all at church together for all three block meetings. I am excited to say that the kids love our new ward! B and I have prayed that they would be ok here and it was such a relief to see the two oldest come back giggling and excited about their classes and the friends they made. Knowing all too well what it is like to have your parents get divorced, I am so grateful for this blessing of them making friends at church and in the neighborhood.

So, who has an Enchilada recipe for me????

No comments:

Post a Comment