Site Search

x

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yes. I hog the sheets and dont mess with my mac and cheese!!

We've been in our new place for a couple of weeks now and I have to say that things are getting unpacked faster than I had anticipated. Yay! So, it has come to my attention that, I hog the sheets. I used to be a bed hog as well but having found a King size bed has helped with that. I woke up one night last week to B standing at his side of the bed pulling the covers back in his direction. He had to get out of bed to do this? Am I really that bad?? Apparently so. All I can say is that I don't really have control over what I may or may not do during my sleep!

I had Thursday and Friday off for UEA last week and so got the kids early, well, early for me (11 a.m.) on Friday, and we went out to Gardner Village to check out the witches. The kids had never been out there so it was a lot of fun for me to introduce them to a UEA tradition of mine! We had a Halloween pizza dinner at my mom's and then home for creative sleeping arrangements! Does anyone else remember thinking our parents just had an endless supply of money? No? Well, I did (I fear I may still think that). The kids were shocked that we hadn't purchased four mattresses yet. Yeah....um..... Could someone water my money tree out back? Needless to say, we had a lot of fun camping out on air mattresses and cots and I had a great time hogging the sheets from B.

Saturday's, B is teaching at the hospital so the kids and I hung out at home. For years I have been given crap about all my junk. And I'd just like to announce that I was right in keeping and hauling around my Barbies (and everything else...). The girls busted those out and played with them all weekend! We babysat at B's sisters house and made Mac and Cheese for 8 kids, yes 8. I love Mac and Cheese, REALLY love it. The next thing I know, B and La La are cutting hot dogs and putting them in!!! REALLY?!? Who does that? I firmly believe that you don't mess with perfection. UGH. Well, we needed butter so B ran to our house to get some. There I am pacing. Wondering what on earth is taking the man so long. My tummy was grumbling so bad!!! We live like 2 minutes away...did he go home to make the butter??? Doesn't he know I'm hungry?? And then, he walks in the door. Not just with butter but with a coke and pizza for me (well, both of us). And the guilt sets in. I didn't have to eat hot dog contaminated Mac and Cheese AND the man got me a coke.

So, what have we learned here? I hog the sheets and don't like my Mac and Cheese messed with. Oh, and next time I'm pacing wondering where B is, it's prolly cuz he's thinking of me and getting me a coke. Duly noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment