Site Search

x

Monday, November 14, 2011

Charles Emerson Winchester IV

Right before moving, I saw some black lab puppies. Thankfully, it didn't work out to get one. I had decided to wait til Spring, when it would be easier to train a puppy. The other night, I was with the kids at Pepper Belly's to have dinner with my mom for her birthday. Laura saw an add for puppies. The price was very, very low and so I didn't think it would be worth calling. I wrote down the number at the kids urging. The next day I called, we stopped by and well....

The mom got pregnant on "accident" and so the family just wanted to find the puppies good homes. The mom is a Golden Retriever and the dad, a Black Lab. When we first picked up Charlie, I was going to name him Radar. I was pretty set on the name. However, it didn't really seem to fit. The next morning, as Brandon was kissing my on the forehead to leave, in a half sleep I asked him if he had checked on Charlie. And so it stuck. But for fun and to keep with my M*A*S*H theme, Brandon came up with Charles Emerson Winchester IV, Charlie for short.

He is a great little puppy. Little for now. He is very mellow. I used to always say that my dog Buzz was a once in a lifetime dog. That I would never have another dog like him. Charlie may be close. I love having a dog again. I have missed Buzz ever since I had to put him down. The kids love having a dog and a cat. Charlie loves Brandon and Jerry loves me. The dog loves the cat lover and the cat loves the dog lover. Go figure! Charlie and Jerry took about 24 hours to become fast friends. They play non-stop. Just the other week, I was thinking I had way too much going on....then we got a dog. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment