Site Search

x

Monday, December 13, 2010

Party On!

This weekend was definately filled with parties. We had a party for Brandon on Friday night for his graduation. I spent the day making chili. My mom and I went to get Laura, Liz and Luke after school. Laura had an entry in the Science Fair, so we stopped at their school and the kids showed my mom and I where their classrooms are. We got someone to let us into the gym so we could see Laura's project. She did research on our reactions to good smells and bad smells and what our facial reactions would be. She did such a good job!! Lilly auditioned for the school play, so my mom went and picked her up later in the evening, while I got things going at the party. We had a lot of fun at Tara's and the night ended with a fantastic dance party in her living room!!! Yay Eden!

Saturday morning, Lilly, Laura and I went and helped out at my cousin's dance recital. She runs a dance studio and so the girls got paid to help backstage with the dancers. It was definately hectic and we were glad to have grabbed hot chocolate and doughnuts on our way!! After the recital, I showed them where I work and then we went and cashed their checks. Brandon took the twins to lunch at McDonalds and we all arrived back home at about the same time and spent the afternoon relaxing and napping. The kids got to experience the "Santa Party" later that night. By tradition, we get together as a family to eat and at some point Santa Claus ("I know him!") shows up! He plays the piano and we sing a-long and also did the "Santa Sumo". Luke could not contain his excitement and Lilly and Laura got right into the action. It took Liz a minute to process and decide what she thought of it all. In the end, all four sat on his lap, vowed to do a few things like make their beds and got presents. B and I had to leave a little early to go out to his work Christmas party. We lasted about an hour before we decided we missed the kids and wanted to go home. It was fun to eat and spend time with his co-workers. The party was at a club down town and the food was amazing and there was live music. I was especially excited to wear my glitzy outfit. I think we both had fun getting decked out for it.

The twins turn 7 this week and we are really excited for their birthday. Luke keeps letting me know how many more days until his birthday. Liz is very excited to be taking cookies to her class for her Birthday. We had a fun and crazy weekend. When Brandon got home Sunday night from dropping off the kids, I had cleaned, showered and was in pj's. I think we were both asleep before 9 p.m. After this week of work I have two weeks off. I am looking forward to the time off. Weget to have the kids for Christmas Eve and Morning this year and for the last half of their break. We are all very excited!! But who isn't excited for time off from school???


No comments:

Post a Comment