Site Search

x

Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Ostentatious Blog Name ? . . maybe

So several years ago I got sucked into watching one of those "reality" shows where the winning prize was something like half a million dollars. During one of the episodes, the contestants were asked what they planned on doing with the money if they were to win the "game". Many had sob stories, others were self-proclaimed do-gooders, and all had inflated reasons why they should win the money. All except one contestant. When asked what he would do with the winnings, this particular contenstant responded, "I will spend it on gold watches and jet skis for me and my friends". That was maybe the only real and/or honest comment made during the whole "show". I loved his answer.

I personally don't own a gold watch nor a jet ski, and quite possibly never will. For me, "gold watches and jet skis" serves as a reminder of all things silly, unnecessary, and grandiose. As we share this blog with you, I'm sure we will admit to "gold watches and jet ski"moments. I'm also quite sure that as our little family has real, purposeful, and significant occurances in our lives, we may also choose to share those things with you.

As I begin my first blogging adventure with Jill, may I point out that I love her deeply. She is my best friend. We have had some "gold watches and jet ski" moments. We have also had very significant, real, life-changing moments that we will share with you. I do not hesitate in sharing with you that the real and significant kinds of moments in our lives have had everything to do with a very kind and loving Heavenly Father who is aware of us and our little family. Jill has taught me a lot about faith during our time together. As she shares with you our experiences you will note a tone of faith and love. Faith in God, and a love for her friends and family . . .

-B

1 comment:

  1. A bold statement and symbolizes both a return to roots and the vision of a luxury brand and will help define the future of watch making.
    rolex replica

    ReplyDelete