Site Search

x

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tulips!

This last Saturday Brandon and I attended a conference in Downtown Salt Lake City. After, we ventured over to a funky Chinese/Mongolian BBQ place. We noticed something going on across the street at the Library. It was Live Green, Greener Living in Downtown. We wandered around and enjoyed the eclectic group of people. Ok, we enjoyed the hippie's and weirdo's. There was a great band playing, three older guys in tacky suits, rocking it out on the drums, guitar and chelo. Anyone there know the name of the band???

After, B took me to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I have wanted to go to this for YEARS! B took me last year for my first time. So now we have a tradition. there are over 250,000 bulbs planted each year. Last year, we rented a golf cart. That resulted in Brandon chasing your typical chubby kid, in khaki's and a polo. Not to mention Brandon driving all over trying to get in the background of Bridal Photo's being taken and then taking the wheel while I'm driving and taking the cart up onto the lawn, past the "No Golf Carts" sign! So while I missed the golf cart, I wasn't having to worry about Brandon getting us kicked out!! Ok, I really thought all of it was hilarious. And Brandon tried to get me to go to a wedding going on but I chickened out.

This year, we walked it. 10 minutes in, we were barefoot and enjoying the cool grass on our feet. Hand in hand, we walked all over enjoying the flowers. We grabbed a coke and laid on the huge lawn at the amphitheatre and relaxed. Something I really enjoy about our relationship is our ability to talk. We spent the majority of that day talking and I can feel our relationship grow as we do. There were a tun of coy in the pond this year. We stood down there for a long time, just enjoying watching the fish. Once we were home, we had crab and enjoyed hanging in our pj's and watching movies. Seriously, such a fabulous day!!!



Here's a video of the fish...



No comments:

Post a Comment