Site Search

x

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hoppy Easter!!

Easter has come and gone. Where does the time go? This year, the kids spent Easter with their mom. B and I spent the day having brunch with my family and then dinner over at his brothers house. I got Brandon an Easter Basket. Sort of. You may be wondering how one "sort of" gets an Easter Basket??? Well, I got all the goods for in the basket but never got the basket or the grass. So it was like an Easter Surprise! Oh-well....there is always next year, right? Brandon got me a new Easter Dress. He didn't know he got it for me til I was putting it on. He has great taste in dresses!

I find these holiday's odd. In my mind it's like two holidays in one. There is the spiritual/religious holiday and then the fun candy holiday. To be honest, I have never understood not celebrating Easter. The commercialized part. The Easter Bunny and baskets and candy have nothing to do with the Christian religion and while I don't know how it all got started, it's pretty fun. I wonder why people thinking hunting for eggs is recognizing a Christian religion?? My thoughts are the same about Christmas. I say, Party on!

However, when looking at the religious part of it, for me, I am very grateful to be able to remember and recognize what Easter is for me personally. I find a lot of joy in the fun parts and a lot of peace in the spiritual. I am grateful to my Savior for all he has done for me. The fact that I get chocolate on that same day is just a bonus!

We dyed Easeter Eggs with the kids the week before and then we did our family Easter Egg hunt the next weekend. My cousin's girls are on the same schedule as our kids for seeing the other parent and so it works out really well for all the kids to be together. We also celebrated Gramsy's birthday at the Easter party. However, I would have been ok with two parties...that just means more cake.



"Pretend like you know each other!!"Me with Laura, Izabelle and Liz
I'm not really sure what to call this....I worry about these two....
Who knew a hat like that could look good???
I wonder what he was doing right before I took this....


I think my hat is more fashionable...
Hailey...
Aunt Suzi. Need I say more????

All decked out for the party


I love this face

Mac Attack



Bunny Hop anyone?? Where's Wally???

No comments:

Post a Comment