Site Search

x

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Cookies

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I knew the time would go fast. Lately I've noticed just how fast it seems to go. The past year was full of everything you can imagine and some things I never want to imagine again, like a snake in my washing machine.

I planned to take around neighbor gifts this year for Christmas, just like last year. I even got some of the cookies baked. We live in an awesome neighborhood and one of the perks is all the treats during the holidays! My neighbors can bake and cook. It is awesome! I however, did not get to share any of my baking talents with them this year. My two days a week working at the gym turned into three, then four and now I find myself there 40 hours a week. This is by no means a bad thing at all. But working full time, running a home (more like attempting to run a home), family and the fact that I do require a minimum of 8 hours of sleep each night, left little room for me to have time to bake cookies. Along with the battle that ensues between saran wrap and myself everytime I use it and then delivering the goods. I had a major triumph in deciding to skip the neighbor treats! This was huge for me. Really. Just ask B.

I was feeling bad about it. Not too bad. Don't worry, I don't beat myself up over many things. But I did want to show my neighbors I loved them. That's when I realized just how blessed I am. I have so many neighbors and friends that I love and who love me and my family that there just wasn't time to bake that many stinking cookies! I had been focused on the cookies, which should come as no surprise. I love cookies. But I am so grateful for that moment where time stopped ever so briefly and the Lord showed me just how blessed I am. That I am truly surrounded by good people. So good that a cookie at Christmas isn't what holds our relationships together.

So neighbors, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I am grwoing quite attached to Plain City and it is because of the people. I want my neighbors, our friends, to know that we love them. That they bless our life continually and Brandon and I could not ask for a better place to live. We are spoiled. Thank you for all you do. For being a part of making some great memories in 2013. We had some huge blessings during the holidays that were much needed and we know that our neighbors were a part of many of those acts of kindness. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

Here's to hoping I get y'all some Christmas Cookies next year. But, if not, I'm glad I have that many people in my life that I love and am grateful for.

In case you are wondering, I ate the cookies I did bake. With egg nog.

No comments:

Post a Comment