Site Search

x

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cats

I've never liked cats.  I would watch my Papa shoot them if they came into his yard.  Really.  I watched him fling one over the fence by its tail.  We were taught that cats were bad.  So I have never liked them.  Refused to have them.  Until Jerry came along about two years ago.  I couldn't say no when Brandon and the kids asked to keep him.  And he was cute.  I kinda liked him.

About a year later Brandon thought it was a good idea to stop at a home with a sign that said FREE KITTENS.  With the kids.  They brought one home.  Looking back, I should have made them take her back.  But I didn't.  How was I supposed to know she would get knocked up and go into labor on my bed, right next to me??????

Brandon woke me when it started.  I flipped out and yelled at him to run get a box because she was NOT giving birth on my bed.  I've tried to blame what happened next on Charlie barking but the truth is, I startled Kotex (her real name is Ella) and she bolted from the bed.  Her first kitten fell out of her and on the floor by the vent.  

UGH.
Great.
Can kittens get a TBI (traumatic brain injury)?????

I grabbed a towel, scooped up the kitten and then mom and put them in the box.  I've never seen a cat give birth.  Obviously. And it was pretty cool to watch Kotex immediately start taking care of her baby.  I figured she was just having one, which confused me because I thought they had huge litters.  After reading on google and finding out there can be anywhere from ten to sixty minutes between births I went back to bed.  We woke up to a total of four kittens.  

Kotex has tried twice to move the under our bed.  On my side.  Seriously??  Why my side??

Those of you who have known me for a long time, I am sure are finding this hilarious.  Those in my family are probably finding this shocking and against everything we've been taught.  

So, we have four kittens.  Three still need a home when the time comes that we can take them away from their mom.  Anyone want one???  Please???


No comments:

Post a Comment