Site Search

x

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A weekend together

Brandon had Friday off with it being fall break. We went out to breakfast and after going out to his parents that morning, we spent the rest of the day together. We went and checked out a cool kitchen store in Ogden to get some supplies I need to make suckers and then decided to go for a drive up Logan Canyon to see the leaves, and go to the Logan LDS Temple.

After going home to change and grab our stuff we were off. The leaves up the canyon were so bright. I was so busy enjoying them that I didn't take one picture! Oh-well. We randomly picked a Chinese joint for dinner and then were off to the Logan Temple. Neither of us have ever attended that temple before, so we were pretty excited. What a beautiful temple! There is something about the older temples that I just love. The architecture, craftsmanship and feel is always inspiring. I love history and buildings rich in history. Cheesy, I know.

Afterwards, we went over to see Pookie. We visited with Brad and one of his team mates. Brad is my Non-biological brother. The red-headed step child if you will. He has been friends with Paul since shortly after moving here. He has been in my life for so long, that he is a brother. Paul, Brandon and I went out for ice cream. It was fun to sit and talk and laugh and see my brother.

Today, we got up and Brandon introduced me to Smith and Edwards. It's a large camping/cowboy/army surplus/all kinds of crap store. Ye haw! They have everything. It was a lot of fun to walk around a store as big as Walmart but filled with camping, army surplus, fishing and cowboy stuff. There was a large cut out of John Wayne and I fell in love. I almost bought it. I wish more men were like John Wayne! Then off for some cokes and back home. We spent the rest of our day organizing and cleaning the garage and working in the yard. Once we were done we went and explored Brigham City, just north of us. After our drive we stopped at a pizza place for dinner.

I love our low key weekends together. With Brandon done with school and me at home, we have had a lot of free time together to just goof around, go for drives and be together. We are so blessed. That darling husband of mine keeps me laughing all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment